- 4 medium carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 60 ml orange juice
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 dessert spoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 dessert spoon cider vinegar
- 1 dessertspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- In a blender, grind the carrots and oil, and beat until well shredded.
- Add the orange juice, brown sugar, and blend until smooth
- Then add the turmeric, cider vinegar, cinnamon, and salt and mash again. Pour into a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and gradually add the flour. Mix well. At the end add the yeast and mix.
- Grease a baking pan of your choice (with a hole), and then add the cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and well baked.